For the longest time (especially to the Eastsiders,) White Sands Shopping Mall has been closed down for renovations and I can’t be more excited that it’s finally reopening (slowly) with a refresh look, an even greater variety of retail and more activities. Come this September 2015, they will even be holding a carnival with car boot flea market and a drive-in movie theater!
Let me share a quick review of 2 restaurants that are already operational in White Sands. Both restaurants are already pretty well-known household names in Singapore so they don’t need much detailed introduction.
The Soup Spoon Union
I’m already a Soup Spoon fan for quite awhile so I’m glad they decided to open a branch at White Sands. Furthermore, this is will be the first outlet that has 3 brands under one roof.
You’ll get great customised salads at The Salad Fork, made-to-order MSG-free hot grills from The Grill Knife and finally, The Soup Spoon where you get to savour soups from all over the world.
Currently, they are having their latest soup inspirations from Perth and I really love the hearty Aussie Barramundi Chowder with Dill.
Xing Wang Hong Kong Cafe
An oldie but a goodie, this restaurant was already here before White Sands started their renovation and I’m happy to note that they are here to stay.
Boasting 200 items on the menu, diners can savour comfort food borne from simple recipes characteristic of the typical Hong Kong and Macau cafes, home recipes we grew up on, local Singapore favourites, dim sum and tea-time snacks.
And for the Eastsiders looking for some fun and action at White Sands, here are some details of the next upcoming event at White Sands.
September Carnival – 19th and 20th September 2015
– Drive-In Movie on 19th September 2015 ( Sat) for Jurassic World and 20th September 2015 (Sun) for X-Men Days of Future Past.
– $20 per car inclusive of a $10 carnival coupon and free popcorn or spend $50 at White Sands to get a ticket at $10 per car inclusive of a $5 coupon and a free popcorn
– Those who would like to reserve at the picnic mat sitting area instead, it’s $5 per pax with a free popcorn or spend $50 at White Sands to get a ticket at $2 per pax with a free popcorn
– Car boot sales space rental is now up for grabs at $80 for one car space per day (10am to 11pm)
– Flea Market booth space rental is now also up for grabs at $80 for 1 table space per day (10am to 11pm)
Thanks for reading!