Guest writer, Melva, checks out the Great Eastern Women’s Run 2015 on behalf of renzze.com
Remember last year I also took part in the Great Eastern Women’s Run 2014 for the competitive 10km race? Yes, this 2015 GEWR is celebrating 10 years of great runs! There are a couple more special reasons that makes participating in GEWR 2015 more meaningful than usual:
1. Receive a momento Adidas Tee to celebrate 10 great years of GEWR
What’s in my goodie bag?
• Event Running Top by adidas (worth $39)
• NEW!! Great Eastern Memento Tee by adidas (worth $45)
• Exclusive Medium Sized Microfibre Gym Bag with Shoe Compartment
• Exclusive Finisher Medal (All race categories: 5km, 10km and 21.1km finishers)
• Free Insurance Cover for Race Day
• Personalised Race Bib
• Event Race Guide
• Finisher’s Certificate for all race categories
• Plus many other exciting promotions and sponsored goodies
About Great Eastern Women’s Run 2015
The Great Eastern Women’s Run (“GEWR”), commissioned by Great Eastern has established itself as Asia’s largest all-women’s run and the first all-women’s half marathon, attracting over 15,500 runners. This year marks Great Eastern’s 10th year of unifying women in health and life.
The run caters to women from all walks of lives. Featuring the 5km, 10km as well as 21.1km race distances, Great Eastern aims to make the run accessible to female runners of all levels. A series of dedicated pre-race fringe activities will be organised for the women in a bid to better prepare them for race day.
Targeting to attract 17,000 participants, the race will flag off at Singapore Flyer and end off at The Float@Marina Bay. All participants can enjoy an array of activities with their families and friends at the race village upon completion of their race. The Great Eastern Women’s Run is commissioned by Great Eastern and organised by Infinitus Productions.
Introducing The Princess Dash!
For the first time, girls aged 3 – 9 years old get to participate in the all-new Princess Dash category, a 100 meter run to have fun and enjoy special bonding moments with their mothers.
The princesses will receive a running top, tutu skirt and goodies in an event bag. An exclusive tiara awaits the princesses at the finish line, rewarding them for completing the run.
Top 10 Best dressed princesses will walk away with prizes worth up to $1,000! Stay tuned for more details.
Sign up by 31 July to enjoy early bird rates!
Registration for the Great Eastern Women’s Run 2015 is open till 30 September and Early Bird rates will end on 31 July 2015.
Participants can sign up via the website at www.greateasternwomensrun.com.
Great Eastern Women Policyholders
• For Great Eastern Women Policyholders, select ‘Register with LIV3LY Code’. Replace the first five alphanumeric characters of your NRIC/ Passport No. with four capital ‘X’ and key in the remaining characters of your NRIC/ Passport No. into the field to enjoy the special rate!
• Loyal Runners refers to registered participants of Great Eastern Women’s Run 2014
• For loyal runners, enter the email address you used to register for Great Eastern Women’s Run 2014 into the “LIV3LY Code” field to enjoy the loyal runner’s rates!
OCBC Great Eastern Cashflo Credit Card
• OCBC Great Eastern Cashflo Card users enjoy $5 off registration fees per transaction (applicable to Policyholders, Loyal Runners and Public) and across all categories and period.
• Group registration is available for 15 pax and above. Groups will enjoy a discount a 5% discount off their total registration fee. Please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire for group registration information.
Donate for a Cause, Don a Tutu for a Cause
This year, the Great Eastern Women’s Run is privileged to support the Breast Cancer Foundation, Community Chest (in support of children with special needs) and the SingHealth Duke-NUS OBGYN Academic Clinical Programme. Simply pledge a minimum donation of S$5 and receive a tutu skirt. All proceeds go to the charities.
Wear your lovely tutu on race day to pledge your support to our beneficiaries. Have fun, snap and post a picture of you in your lovely tutus on social media and stand a chance to win the “Most Creative Tutu Contest”!
10 most creatively decorated tutus will walk away with a limited edition Great Eastern Ezlink card with a stored value of $200!
I have made my donation during my registration 2 days ago to the Breast Cancer Foundation and will be receiving a pink tutu for the Run this November. Hope to see you running with it together with me!
Images credit to Great Eastern Women’s Run 2015