Just returned from my little getaway and had a talk with an old pal who had just celebrated her 1st Valentine’s Day with her first and only boyfriend. My dearest Emily is a very attractive and intelligent lawyer that have had countless of suitors through the years but decided to focus on her studies instead. Now that her career is firmly rooted… her biological clock finally kicked in.
She had a wonderful time this valentine’s day with the usual round of roses… teddy bear… expensive diamond necklace… 5 star hotel dinners… basically “the works”. It was also her 1st year anniversary and she wanted to know if he was “the one”.
This cliché question has been asked numerously and each person has their own unique definitions. Recalling my current and previous relationships, I picked out the “Top 15 Milestones” that defined “the one” for me.
– He asks my opinion when planning his leaves or off days.
– He brings me home to let his parents know me.
– We are able to make major plans like going for a holiday a year in advance.
– He sees me in the morning with messy hair and no makeup and he smiles.
– I wake up to see him in the morning and think “Thank you God” instead of “OMD!”
– I am able to do my “big business” at his place without feeling shy.
– I dress like a slob around him.
– We sign both our names on Christmas cards.
– We enjoy staying in together more than going out.
– He cooks or buys breakfast for me before I wake up.
– We co-own a pet.
– We don’t need to hide our fart from each other.
– We share silly private nonsensical codenames and secret smiles that would be too embarrassing to tell anyone else.
– Sometimes he does things that make you want to murder him in his sleep but you stick with him because it hurts so much more to stop loving him.
– He is proud of you when you succeed and is the first person to hug you tight when you don’t…. He never gives up on you.